For years one of Costa Rica’s most well kept secrets, Santa Teresa is rapidly becoming one of the most visited beaches in the country by “ticos”, tourists and Hollywood stars. A few steps from Mal Pais, voted by Forbes Magazine as one of the top 10 most breathtaking beaches in the World, the 3 miles grey/white sandy beach provides constant top quality surfing conditions throughout the year with swells peaking from May to December.
You’ll be spending 6 days at the beautiful Esencia Hotel in Santa Teresa surrounded by lush tropical trees in a comfortable fully equipped Mediterranean style villa. Walking distance from the hotel you’ll have plenty of dining, nightlife activities and all the needed amenities from banks to doctors.
In the vacation packages you’ll have the comfort of a 4×4 SUV rental during your entire stay. It would be a shame not visiting the other nearby surf spots and local attractions. Mal Pais, Playa El Carmen, Playa Hermosa (the one in the north pacific of course), Montezuma and the Cabo Blanco natural reserve are all less than an hour away and as it happens in the rest of our small country several hidden/secret spots and beaches are widely available in the vicinity.
Santa Teresa Vacation Itinerary
– Day 1: Upon your arrival at the airport you may go to the Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino in the central valley, where you’ll be able to rest after your flight before taking the 5 hours drive the next morning.
– Day 2: On your second day in Costa Rica after you take advantage of the complimentary breakfast at Denny’s you need to contact a car rental representative to deliver the 4×4 rental where it should include the basic mandatory insurance. You may check other option of purchasing additional insurance coverage and any of the other supplemental services offered by the rental company (GPS, cooler, child seats, mobile phone rental, etc.). Read and sign the rental contract, get your surfboards in the car and start your drive to Paradise!
– Day 2 to 7: Once you reach Santa Teresa settle in The Esencia Hotel, get in the water or simply start enjoying the laid back ambiance in town. Mingle with the local surfers! You’ll be assured to find the most amazing spots with the best swell conditions in the area during your stay.
– Day 7: On your seventh day in Costa Rica you’ll have to check out from the Esencia Hotel and head back to the Best Western Irazu in San Jose. We know it is going to be hard leaving Paradise, but it is a long drive to the airport from the Northern Pacific and we would hate you miss your flight. Settle in your room and get to know a little of the Central Valley or just play some chips at the hotel casino.
– Day 8: Unfortunately it is time to get back to reality. At least 3 hours before your flight departures check out from the Best Western Irazu and head to the Car Rental offices near the airport. Once all the paper work is ready, their free shuttle will take you to your departure terminal just in time to purchase the Airport Taxes and catch your flight.