For years one of Costa Ricaâ€™s most well kept secrets, Santa Teresa is rapidly becoming one of the most visited beaches in the country by â€śticosâ€ť, tourists and Hollywood stars. A few steps from Mal Pais, voted by Forbes Magazine as one of the top 10 most breathtaking beaches in the World, the 3 miles grey/white sandy beach provides constant top quality surfing conditions throughout the year with swells peaking from May to December.
Youâ€™ll be spending 6 days at the beautiful Esencia Hotel in Santa Teresa surrounded by lush tropical trees in a comfortable fully equipped Mediterranean style villa. Walking distance from the hotel youâ€™ll have plenty of dining, nightlife activities and all the needed amenities from banks to doctors.
As in all our vacation packages youâ€™ll have the comfort of a 4×4 SUV rental during your entire stay. It would be a shame not visiting the other nearby surf spots and local attractions. Mal Pais, Playa El Carmen, Playa Hermosa (the one in the north pacific of course), Montezuma and the Cabo Blanco natural reserve are all less than an hour away and as it happens in the rest of our small country several hidden/secret spots and beaches are widely available in the vicinity.
Santa Teresa Vacation Itinerary
- Day 1: One of our representatives will be waiting for you at the airport upon your arrival. He will escort you in a private van to the Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino in the central valley, where youâ€™ll be able to rest after your flight before taking the 5 hours drive the next morning.
- Day 2: On your second day in Costa Rica after you take advantage of the complimentary breakfast at Dennyâ€™s a car rental representative will meet you at the hotel lobby to deliver the 4×4 rental. In all our prices we include the basic mandatory insurance, with him youâ€™ll have the option of purchasing additional insurance coverage and any of the other supplemental services offered by the rental company (GPS, cooler, child seats, mobile phone rental, etc.). Read and sign the rental contract, get your surfboards in the car and start your drive to Paradise!
- Day 2 to 7: Once you reach Santa Teresa settle in The Esencia Hotel, get in the water or simply start enjoying the laid back ambiance in town. Mingle with the local surfers! Youâ€™ll be assured to find the most amazing spots with the best swell conditions in the area during your stay.
- Day 7: On your seventh day in Costa Rica youâ€™ll have to check out from the Esencia Hotel and head back to the Best Western Irazu in San Jose. We know it is going to be hard leaving Paradise, but it is a long drive to the airport from the Northern Pacific and we would hate you miss your flight. Settle in your room and get to know a little of the Central Valley or just play some chips at the hotel casino.
- Day 8: Unfortunately it is time to get back to reality. At least 3 hours before your flight departures check out from the Best Western Irazu and head to the Car Rental offices near the airport. Once all the paper work is ready, their free shuttle will take you to your departure terminal just in time to purchase the Airport Taxes and catch your flight.
Included in the Santa Teresa Vacation
- Price Per Person in Double Occupancy Green Season $478.30 (Tax included with 4Ă—4 Suzuki Jimmy)
- Price Per Person in Double Occupancy High Season $523.30 (Tax included with 4Ă—4 Suzuki Jimmy)
- Price Per Person in Quadruple Occupancy Green Season $302.40 (Tax included with 4Ă—4 Hyundai Tucson)
- Price Per Person in Quadruple Occupancy High Season $335.00 (Tax included with 4Ă—4 Hyundai Tucson)
- Airport pick up and transfer
- First and last night at the Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino in a Premier Room
- Five nights at Santa Teresa Esencia Hotel in an Open Space Villa with Kitchenette (double occupancy) or Two Bedrooms Villa with Kitchenette (quadruple occupancy).
- Breakfast on your first and last morning at Dennyâ€™s near the Best Western Irazu
- 7 Days 4Ă—4 rental with basic mandatory insurance
- 24/7 Emergency Phone Number
Not Included in the Santa Teresa Vacation Package:
Personal expenses, tips and gratuities, additional activities, additional insurance coverage, airport tax (paid at the Airport $26.00 per person) and additional meals not contemplated on the itinerary.
Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino
This full service- San Jose, Costa Rica hotel offers convenient accesses to many local attractions. Whether traveling on business or just taking a trip for fun, the Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino offers all of the amenities and conveniences to ensure a worry free and enjoyable stay. This full-service hotel provides comfortable accommodations, superb customer service and a centralized location. The hotel is ideally situated just a few minutes from the heart of San Jose, not being in the middle of it and a short distance from the International Airport of Juan Santa Maria.
Every room offers:
â€˘Â Â Â Cable TV
â€˘Â Â Â Free international IP calls
â€˘Â Â Â Free Wireless internet
â€˘Â Â Â Air Condition
â€˘Â Â Â Bathtub
â€˘Â Â Â Safety Box
Additional Hotel Amenities:
â€˘Â Â Â Complimentary breakfast at the Denny`s Restaurant, located on the hotel premises
â€˘Â Â Â Every day free drinks during the â€śHappy Hourâ€ť at la Cantina bar
â€˘Â Â Â Outdoor swimming pool
â€˘Â Â Â Fully equipped gym
â€˘Â Â Â Hot Tub
â€˘Â Â Â Tennis court
â€˘Â Â Â Complementary Airport shuttle every 20 minutes
â€˘Â Â Â Guest laundry
Esencia Hotel & Villas Santa Teresa
Esencia Hotel & Villas is located in surfer Paradise beach Santa Teresa in the south corner of the Nicoya Peninsula. The hotel has a beautiful irregular shaped pool, out of blue ceramic tiles. It is surrounded by lush tropical trees and comfortable terrace for sunbathing. During the day a snack bar is open offering a selection of drinks and a menu of light meals.
The hotel offers 10 marvelous, independent and private villas plus 8 very comfortable rooms. The architecture of the units contains elements of the Mediterranean style, with a lot of lights, spaciousness and comfort.
Every room offers:
â€˘Â Â Â Safety deposit box
â€˘Â Â Â Hot water
â€˘Â Â Â Air Conditioning
â€˘Â Â Â Handcrafted aromatic candles
â€˘Â Â Â Incense and essence
â€˘ Â Â Â Kitchenette