Welcome to Paradise! The Southern Caribbean region of Costa Rica is a melting pot of Afro-Caribbean culture with splendid beaches, amazing nature and some of the most recognized surfing spots in the World.
You'll be spending 6 days in Cocles with its fabulous beaches and stunning luxurious scenery. sleeping at the beach front Azania Bungalows, only a few minutes walk from Puerto Viejo and just a few steps away from a magnificent beach with great waves.
The laid back reggae culture of the Caribbean will immerse you in a relaxed ambience where you'll be forced to follow the vibe and simply enjoy a stress free surfing vacation. The strong black Jamaican and African influence makes this place unique and special. Many locals still speak patuà (language mix form French and English) as it is common in the Caribbean Islands.
As in all our surfing vacations packages you'll have the advantage of a comfortable 4×4 rental to visit all the nearby surf spots. Apart from Playa Cocles, right in front of the hotel, the secret spots in the area, that only by making friends with the locals you'll be able to find, you're a really short drive from Isla Uvita, Puerto Viejo and the legendary Salsa Brava (Angry Sauce) featured in several surfing movies and famous as the heaviest wave in Costa Rica.
Caribbean Vacation Itinerary
- Day 1: Upon your arrival one of our representatives will be waiting for you at the exit of the airport. He'll escort you in a private transportation to the Best Western Irazu, where you'll have some time to rest and get to know a little of Costa Rica before taking the 4 hours drive to the Caribbean the next morning.
- Day 2 to 7: The next morning a Car Rental representatives will deliver you prepaid 4×4 at the hotel and explain the contract. We always include the mandatory basic insurance in all our prices, with the representative you'll have the option to choose for additional insurance coverage and supplementary services (GPS, Cooler, Etc). Get your boards in the car and head to the Caribbean! Once you reach Azania Bungalows get settled in your room and start riding some amazing waves. The hotel staff, the locals and all the other fellow surfers you'll meet will easily guide you on how to reach all the other spots in the area. Getting around in the area is extremely simple, you'll only will have to follow one single road that will take you to directly to every beach in the vicinity.
- Day 7: On your seventh day in Costa Rica you'll have to head back to San Jose and have a last night rest at the Best Western Irazu. Take advantage of this time to visit San Jose or simply relax at the hotel pool.
- Day 8: Last day in Costa Rica, unfortunately it's time to get back to reality! Before getting to the airport drop off your car at the car rental office by the airport, their free shuttle will take you to the departures terminal to catch your flight. Remember to be at the car rental office at least three hours and a half before your departure time so you'll have plenty of time to deliver the car, buy the $26 departure tax (per person) at the airport, do your check in and have a safe flight back home.
Included in the Caribbean Vacation
- Price Per Person in Double Occupancy Green Season $438.30 (Tax included with 4×4 Suzuki Jimmy)
- Price Per Person in Double Occupancy High Season $493.30 (Tax included with 4×4 Suzuki Jimmy)
- Price Per Person in Quadruple Occupancy Green Season $292.40 (Tax included with 4×4 Hyundai Tucson)
- Price Per Person in Quadruple Occupancy High Season $325.00 (Tax included with 4×4 Hyundai Tucson)
- Airport pick up and transfer
- First and last night at the Best Western Irazu in a Premier Room
- Five nights at Azania Bungalows in a Bungalow style room.
- Breakfast for 7 days at both Azania Bungalows and Best Western Irazu
- 7 Days 4×4 rental with basic mandatory insurance
- 24/7 Emergency Phone Number
Not Included in the Caribbean Vacation Package:
Personal expenses, tips and gratuities, additional activities, additional insurance coverage, airport tax (paid at the Airport $26.00 per person) and additional meals not contemplated on the itinerary.
Azania Bungalows is located in Cocles Beach 1, 5 kilometers south of Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean cost of Costa Rica. Just a few steps from great waves with the tropical rainforest in the background, the spacious and tastefully decorated bungalows are privately set apart amidst lush gardens full of color and natural beauty.
Designed and crafted in a unique style that blends traditional materials, exotic woods and thatched-palm roofs with a modern building concept, giving each bungalow a particular atmosphere, with a softly lit original sauna-style bathroom that allows you to enjoy a shower while admiring the surroundings. The mezzanine provides wonderful spatial flexibility; while ceiling fans, large windows with mosquito nets and high peaked roofs allow a refreshing natural air circulation. All decorated with bamboo lamps and furniture.
Every room offers:
• One queen size bed and two twin beds
• Mini bar
• Safety box
• Private deck and hammock
• Private bath with hot water
• Bamboo furniture
• Ceiling fans
For enjoying a delightful tropical breakfast, fresh drinks, listen to some music, direct TV or read a book. The club house built like a typical palm-roof Rancho which reflects in the dimensions of its structure in those of the surrounding rainforest. Azania also offers a restaurant where you can enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner under a palm leave rancho, offering one of the best Caribbean style cuisine the area.
Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino
This full service- San Jose, Costa Rica hotel offers convenient accesses to many local attractions. Whether traveling on business or just taking a trip for fun, the Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino offers all of the amenities and conveniences to ensure a worry free and enjoyable stay. This full-service hotel provides comfortable accommodations, superb customer service and a centralized location. The hotel is ideally situated just a few minutes from the heart of San Jose, not being in the middle of it and a short distance from the International Airport of Juan Santa Maria.
Every room offers:
• Cable TV
• Free international IP calls
• Free Wireless internet
• Air Condition
• Safety Box
Additional Hotel Amenities:
• Complimentary breakfast at the Denny`s Restaurant, located on the hotel premises
• Every day free drinks during the "Happy Hour" at la Cantina bar
• Outdoor swimming pool
• Fully equipped gym
• Hot Tub
• Tennis court
• Complementary Airport shuttle every 20 minutes
• Guest laundry