Welcome to the Southern Pacific of Costa Rica! Recognized as one of the longest waves in the World Pavones (â€śTurkey Townâ€ť) is still a tiny community mostly visited by fellow surfers from around the Globe.
The whole vibe and lifestyle in Pavones flows around surfing, fishing, diving and nature. Jacques Cousteau picked this region as one of the top 3 favorite spots on earth due to the all year round green tropical forest and incredible marine life in the Golfo Dulce (â€śSweet Gulfâ€ť). National Geographic identified the South Pacific of Costa Rica as the most biological intense place on the planet and if you are not convinced yet, Surfer Magazine stated â€śThe famous point break of Pavones is a must ride for all surfersâ€ť.
The best surfing conditions can be found from April to October, when on a good day, the waves can reach up to 1500m (that is almost a mile long!), they are so long that youâ€™ll see every surfer walking back to the point for the next ride at the place of paddling. Included in the price youâ€™ll have the advantage of the comfortable 4×4 rental to visit Playa Zancudo, which is a short drive away, take day trips to the other South Pacific beaches and as it happens in all of the surf spots in Costa Rica youâ€™ll find several almost untouched secret breaks in the vicinity.
Pavones Vacation Itinerary
- Day 1: Upon your arrival a representative will be waiting for you at the airport and youâ€™ll be escorted to the Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino, where youâ€™ll spend your first day in Costa Rica before taking the long drive to Pavones the next morning.
- Day 2 to 7: After you take advantage of the complimentary breakfast at Dennyâ€™s, a car rental representative will meet you at the hotel lobby to deliver your 4×4 rental. The basic mandatory insurance is included in all our prices, from him youâ€™ll be able to purchase additional insurance and services (GPS, cooler, child seats, mobile phone rental, etc.). Sign the rental contract, check out from your hotel, pack your car and start the drive to the southern pacific. There are two ways to reach Pavones, either through Paso Canoas or through Golfito, additional driving direction can be found in our Surf Map section or feel free to contact us.
Once you reach Pavones get settled in the beautiful Hotel Castillo de Pavones and start riding one of the longest waves in the World! In town (and in the water) youâ€™ll find plenty of local and international surfers make sure to mingle with them to learn about the secret surf spots nearby. Pavones is also known to be a favorite spot for many World Recognized professional surfers, you might end up having a drink with one of them at the local cantina.
- Day 7: The day before your flight back home is scheduled youâ€™ll have to check out from the Hotel Castillo de Pavones to head back to the Central Valley. Youâ€™ll spend your last night at the Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino where, if you still have the strength after the long drive, youâ€™ll be able to play some chips at the casino, have a few drink at the popular hotel bar or maybe take a short tour of our capital city.
- Day 8: Unfortunately is time to get back to reality! At least three hours before your flight departures youâ€™ll have to deliver your vehicle at the car rental office near the airport, fill out the paper work and take their free shuttle to your departure terminal. Youâ€™ll be there just in time to purchase the ($26) airport tax and check into your flight. We hope you enjoyed Costa Rica and rode the perfect wave.
Services Included in the Pavones Vacation:
- Price Per Person in Double Occupancy Green Season $488.30 (Tax included with 4Ă—4 Suzuki Jimmy)
- Price Per Person in Double Occupancy High Season $513.30 (Tax included with 4Ă—4 Suzuki Jimmy)
- Price Per Person in Quadruple Occupancy Green Season $342.40 (Tax included with 4Ă—4 Hyundai Tucson)
- Price Per Person in Quadruple Occupancy High Season $360.00 (Tax included with 4Ă—4 Hyundai Tucson)
- Airport pick up and transfer
- First and Last night at Best Western Irazu in a Premier Room.
- Five nights at Hotel Castillo de Pavones.
- Breakfast for 7 days at both Hotel Terrazas del Pacifico and Hotel Castillo de Pavones
- 7 Days 4Ă—4 rental with basic mandatory insurance
- 24/7 Emergency Phone Number
Not Included in the Pavones Vacation:
Personal expenses, tips and gratuities, additional activities, additional insurance coverage, airport tax (paid at the Airport $26.00 per person) and additional meals not contemplated on the itinerary.
Hotel Castillo de Pavones
Castillo de Pavones is one of kind small and elegant hotel, located 5 minute away from the main surf point and a 10 minute walk to the town. From the hotel windows and balconies, you can look down the canopy which slopes to the Rio Claro, the valley and the Pavones point break.
The 4 suites offer up to 750 sq. ft of spacious, elegant yet rustic accommodations, with a fantastic ocean view, orthopedic beds and a two persons Jacuzzi tub. On the top floor are located the restaurant, bar and lounge all of them with a 360 degree view.
Every room offers:
â€˘Â Â Â Large stone private bathrooms
â€˘Â Â Â Air Conditioning
â€˘Â Â Â Satellite TV
â€˘Â Â Â Ocean view hot tub
â€˘Â Â Â Living & Dinning area
At the Blue Morpho Restaurant you will get only the freshest organic ingredients right from the ocean or local farms. There is a great variety of homemade dishes, including Indian species & curry, baked breads, pumpkin lasagna, Thai lettuce wraps, pizza with grilled toppings, local fresh water river shrimp & local jumbo shrimp.
Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino
This full service- San Jose, Costa Rica hotel offers convenient accesses to many local attractions. Whether traveling on business or just taking a trip for fun, the Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino offers all of the amenities and conveniences to ensure a worry free and enjoyable stay. This full-service hotel provides comfortable accommodations, superb customer service and a centralized location. The hotel is ideally situated just a few minutes from the heart of San Jose, not being in the middle of it and a short distance from the International Airport of Juan Santa Maria.
Every room offers:
â€˘Â Â Â Cable TV
â€˘Â Â Â Free international IP calls
â€˘Â Â Â Free Wireless internet
â€˘Â Â Â Air Condition
â€˘Â Â Â Bathtub
â€˘Â Â Â Safety Box
Additional Hotel Amenities:
â€˘Â Â Â Complimentary breakfast at the Denny`s Restaurant, located on the hotel premises
â€˘Â Â Â Every day free drinks during the â€śHappy Hourâ€ť at la Cantina bar
â€˘Â Â Â Outdoor swimming pool
â€˘Â Â Â Fully equipped gym
â€˘Â Â Â Hot Tub
â€˘Â Â Â Tennis court
â€˘Â Â Â Complementary Airport shuttle every 20 minutes
â€˘Â Â Â Guest laundry
Pavones Surfing Video