The most laid back surfing destination in the North Pacific coast, Nosara is a small community nestled in the Ostional Wildlife Refuge half way between the more crowded Tamarindo and Santa Teresa. The Nosara region is made up by four amazing surf spots; Playa Guiones, Playa Ostional, Playa Pelada and Playa Nosara, all four just minutes away from each other.
Nosara is the oldest "expat" community in Costa Rica, with a "no shirt, no shoes" blend of U.S. and Costa Rica culture. In recent years Nosara has become a popular destination for travelers who are looking for a more natural experience in the North Pacific region, being a protected natural reserve the only noise that you will hear is the sound of the waves and animals, you'll literally be surfing in the Jungle.
Even if Nosara is far from the beaten track and about an hour from the closest paved roads, the area offers all the necessary amenities and conveniences to have a comfortable vacation. Internet connection, satellite television, international cuisine, pharmacies, supermarkets and surf shops are widely available in throughout the area. If you are traveling with a non surfer companion they'll have plenty of activities for entertainment while you ride incredible waves. Nosara is home of the longest canopy tour in Costa Rica, kayaking in the jungle rivers, hiking tours in the spectacular Barra Honda Caves, nature walks in the Nosara Biological reserve, Yoga lessons and tours to experience the Sea Turtle Nestling are just some of the activities available nearby.
In the Nosara Vacation Package you'll have the advantage of a 4×4 rental included in the price, apart from Guiones, Nosara and Ostional; Playa Marbella, Samara and Camaronal are less than an hour away and if you want to make the most out of your surfing experience in Costa Rica a couple of hours to the north you'll find Playa Negra (the one in the north pacific), Playa Lagarto, Junquillal, Avellanas and Playa Grande providing a completely different surfing experience for every day you spend in Costa Rica.
Nosara Vacation Itinerary
- Day 1: As soon as you'll land in Costa Rica a SurfVoucher representative will meet you at the airport. In a private transportation we'll drive you to the Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino where you'll be able to rest and get settled in Costa Rica before your long drive to Nosara the next morning.
- Day 2: Rise and Shine, you are in Costa Rica! After the complimentary breakfast at Denny's a car rental representative will meet you at the hotel lobby to deliver you 4×4 rental. In all our prices we include all taxes and the mandatory insurance, with him you'll be able to purchase any additional insurance coverage and services (cooler, GPS, mobile phone rental, child seats, etc.). Sign the rental contract, check out from the Best Western Irazu, get your bags in the car and start the 5 hours drive to Nosara. You'll spend the next 6 days in Harbor Reef Surf Hotel Nosara, get settled in your room and jump in the water!
- Day 2 to 7: You will have these days to surf "your arms off". Enjoy surfing Nosara, Guiones, Ostional, Buena Vista, Playa Pelada and Marbella. These are all world class surfing spots.
The most popular surf spot in the Nosara area is called Playa Guiones, the beach is a five mile stretch of golden white sand that goes from the North with excellent surf to the south end with tide pools and quiet spots. During the dry season the best waves are on the north end and during the rainy season the best conditions are in the middle of the beach going down the street from Café Paris.
On any given day you'll be able to catch more waves than you can dream of, conditions here are incredible, during the summer time the offshore winds blow direct against the waves creating some spectacular tubes and waves that can get up to 300 meters long. Don't forget to take advantage of your 4×4 rental to take daily trips to the other World Renown surf spots in the North Pacific coast!
- Day 7: On your seventh day in Costa Rica you'll have to head back to the Best Western Irazu. Check out from the Harbor Reef Surf Hotel Nosara after your last morning session and drive back to the central valley. You'll still have some time left to visit San Jose (the capital city) or simply play some chips at the hotel casino or have a few drinks at the Bar la Cantina by the lobby.
- Day 8: Unfortunately it is time to get back home, we are sure you fully recharged your batteries at Nosara and will have plenty of stories to share with your friends. Before getting to the airport drop off your car at the rental office, sign the paperwork and their free shuttle will take you directly to your departure terminal just in time to purchase the $26 airport tax, check your bags and board your flight back to reality.
Included in the Nosara Vacation Package
- Price Per Person in Double Occupancy Green Season $446.30 (Tax included with 4×4 Suzuki Jimmy)
- Price Per Person in Double Occupancy High Season $523.30 (Tax included with 4×4 Suzuki Jimmy)
- Price Per Person in Quadruple Occupancy Green Season $283.90 (Tax included with 4×4 Hyundai Tucson)
- Price Per Person in Quadruple Occupancy High Season $327.50 (Tax included with 4×4 Hyundai Tucson)
- Airport pick up and transfer
- First and last night at the Best Western Irazu in a Premier Room
- Five nights at Harbor Reef Surf Hotel Nosara.
- Breakfast for 7 days at both Harbor Reef Surf Hotel Nosara and Best Western Irazu
- 7 Days 4×4 rental with basic mandatory insurance
- 24/7 Emergency Phone Number
Not Included in the Nosara Vacation Package:
Personal expenses, tips and gratuities, additional activities, additional insurance coverage, airport tax (paid at the Airport $26.00 per person) and additional meals not contemplated on the itinerary.
Harbor Reef Surf Hotel Nosara
Harbor Reef is a Hotel from a surfer for surfers making it the best location in Nosara for your surfing vacation. The hotel is on Playa Guiones, a beautiful 5 kilometer long, white sand beach, located in the center of the Nicoya Peninsula`s Gold Coast, with great surfing, sunbathing and large tide pools to explore.
The restaurant offers some of the best cuisine in the Nosara area, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner and great appetizers throughout the day under the Rancho or at the Pool Bar, surrounded by all the Sights and Sounds of the Jungle and Costa Rican wild life.
Every room offers:
• Air Conditioning
• Mini fridge (mini bar)
• Hot water
• Private bathroom
• Satellite TV
• Wireless Internet
Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino
This full service- San Jose, Costa Rica hotel offers convenient accesses to many local attractions. Whether traveling on business or just taking a trip for fun, the Best Western Irazu Hotel and Casino offers all of the amenities and conveniences to ensure a worry free and enjoyable stay. This full-service hotel provides comfortable accommodations, superb customer service and a centralized location. The hotel is ideally situated just a few minutes from the heart of San Jose, not being in the middle of it and a short distance from the International Airport of Juan Santa Maria.
Every room offers:
• Cable TV
• Free international IP calls
• Free Wireless internet
• Air Condition
• Safety Box
Additional Hotel Amenities:
• Complimentary breakfast at the Denny`s Restaurant, located on the hotel premises
• Every day free drinks during the "Happy Hour" at la Cantina bar
• Outdoor swimming pool
• Fully equipped gym
• Hot Tub
• Tennis court
• Complementary Airport shuttle every 20 minutes
• Guest laundry