Welcome to Jaco Beach and best served and renowned party town in the Central Pacific! One of the most popular destinations in Costa Rica for locals, Ex-Pats and tourist from all around the world, youâ€™ll always find an activity to entertain yourself from early in the morning to late hours in the evening. Jaco Beach was the first developed tourist destination in the country due to the vicinity with San Jose and for its great surfing conditions throughout the year.
Two hours from the international airport and minutes away from several famous surf spots in the central Pacific coast, Jaco fulfills every traveler needs. It doesnâ€™t matter if you are looking for a relaxing vacation with your family or having a blast with your friends, at Jaco youâ€™ll have plenty of options to make the most out of your vacation in Costa Rica.
Surfing conditions are perfect for every level of expertise, on the 3km long beach youâ€™ll find spots where the local surf schools teach the basics and spots for more experienced surfers. Of course as in all our vacation packages youâ€™ll have the advantage of the 4×4 rental during your entire stay. If you already are an experienced surfer it would be a shame not to surf the amazing waves at Playa Hermosa, Escondida, Herradura and Esterillos, all only minutes away from Jaco and famous for being the practice spot of Surfing Champions before their International competitions.
Jaco Vacation Itinerary
- Day 1 to 8: As soon as you land in Costa Rica one of our representatives will be waiting for you at the airport exit. From there heâ€™ll escort you to the car rental office where youâ€™ll receive your pre paid 4×4, sign the rental contract and purchase additional services. In all our prices we include the mandatory rental insurance, additional insurance coverage, GPS, mobile phone rental, cooler, etc. can be purchased through the rental company.
Pack your bags in the car and start the two hour drive to the Central Pacific. The directions are extremely simple and you can see a detailed video of the route in our Surf Map section. Youâ€™ll spend the remaining 7 nights at the small distinctive, beach front Hotel Canciones del Mar. Get settled in your comfortable room and start your Jaco Beach vacation!
You wonâ€™t need to use your car while in Jaco, everything you may need is walking distance from the hotel, but we recommend taking advantage of it to surf Playa Hermosa and Esterillos to the south and Playa Herradura and Escondida to the north. You canâ€™t come on a surfing vacation to the Central Pacific of Costa Rica and not surf this spots at least once! At the hotel reception and throughout town youâ€™ll find tens of different day tours and activities for every taste, The Crocodile Man Tour, White Water Rafting, Sport Fishing and the adrenaline packed Canopy Tour are only a few of the things you can do while in Costa Rica.
Just a short drive from Playa Jaco you can experience true ecotourism, horseback rides, waterfalls and one of the most important nesting places of the Scarlet Macaw at the Carara National Park (just 9 miles form Jaco). Next to Carara National Park is the Tarcoles River, which has been described by National Geographic as the most crowded crocs river around the world, giving home to more than 25 crocs per square kilometer.
- Day 8: On your last day in Costa Rica youâ€™ll have to check out from the Hotel Canciones del Mar 5 hours before youâ€™ll flight departure. It will take you approximately two hours to reach the Car Rental offices to return the vehicle and sign all the paper work, from there their free shuttle will escort you to your departure gate just in time to catch your flight back home.
Services Included in the Jaco Beach Vacation:
- Price Per Person in Double Occupancy Green Season $480.48 (Tax included with 4Ã—4 Suzuki Jimmy)
- Price Per Person in Double Occupancy High Season $738.60 (Tax included with 4Ã—4 Suzuki Jimmy)
- Price Per Person in Quadruple Occupancy Green Season $287.11 (Tax included with 4Ã—4 Hyundai Tucson)
- Price Per Person in Quadruple Occupancy High Season $435.25 (Tax included with 4Ã—4 Hyundai Tucson)
- Airport pick up and transfer to the rental office
- Seven nights at Hotel Canciones del Mar in a Garden View Room.
- Breakfast for 7 days at Hotel Canciones del Mar
- 8 Days 4Ã—4 rental with basic mandatory insurance
- 24/7 Emergency Phone Number
Not Included in the Jaco Beach Vacation Package:
Personal expenses, tips and gratuities, additional activities, additional insurance coverage, airport tax (paid at the Airport $26.00 per person) and additional meals not contemplated on the itinerary.
Hotel Canciones del Mar Jaco Beach
Canciones del Mar welcomes you to a little piece of paradise. It is the nicest small distinctive beach front hotel in Jaco.
Canciones del Mar is nestled in a lush tropical garden, surrounded by coconuts, pipas, papayas, bananas and many other tropical fruits and flowers. It is just a few steps to the beach, where you will find excellent surf all year round in warm tropical waters, so leave your wetsuit at home.
A barbecue area is available for all guest as well as the hammocks for those who prefer to swing gently with the songs of the sea. A large free from pool is also available to cool down from the hot summer days in Costa Rica.
Every room offers:
â€¢Â Â Â Air Condition
â€¢Â Â Â Cable TV
â€¢Â Â Â Safety box
â€¢Â Â Â Free Wi-Fi on the property and rooms
â€¢Â Â Â Â Telephone
The hotel was recently remodeled and a climb up circular stairway brings you to a dreamy roof top bar where you can enjoy delicious tapas and a sip tasty tropical drinks. With a 360 degree view, over the tops of the palm trees, with the beach and the beautiful blue Ocean in front and the tropical jungle and the mountains in the back.
Jaco Beach Surfing Video